Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED perspective control lens
Nikon UK are pleased to announce the introduction of the high-performance PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED, PC (Perspective Control) lens. This new lens is equipped with a tilt / shift mechanism that gives photographers the flexibility to manipulate image perspective, distortion and focus.
The lens employs a special mount that enables up to ±11.5 mm shift and ±8.5° tilt for perspective control. Shift and tilt can be adjusted via convenient side-mounted controls while referring to the scales provided with gradations at 1mm or 1° intervals. The lens optics can be rotated up to 90° left or right for perspective control adjustment, and click-stops are provided every 30°.
The lens aperture can be preset by using the aperture ring and aperture stop-down button. It remains stopped down until the button is pressed again, for easy depth-of-field confirmation. Auto aperture control is also available for SLR models compatible with electromagnetic diaphragm (D3 and D300).
In addition to perspective control photographic applications such as shooting architecture and interiors, this lens can also be used for any subject that would require a 24mm wide-angle lens. With a closest focusing distance of only 0.21 m/0.7 ft. and a maximum reproduction ratio of 1/2.7, it’s also an excellent choice for close-up photography.
To ensure superior picture quality, the lens incorporates a host of state-of-the-art optical features and technologies. Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat dramatically reduces ghosting and flare that can be caused by internal reflections. Three ED glass elements minimise chromatic aberration for higher-resolution, higher-contrast images. Three a-spherical lenses effectively correct spherical aberration and coma. And a rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening gives out-of-focus elements a more natural appearance. All of which adds up to exceptional optical performance even at the maximum tilt and/or shift settings.
As both a special-purpose lens and high-performance wide-angle lens, the new PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED lens represents a significant addition to the field-proven Nikkor lens lineup, providing professional and serious amateur photographers with innovative, effective solutions to photographic challenges.
Nikon UK are also pleased to share important news about two more lenses to expand and strengthen our PC Nikkor lens lineup. The new PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED and PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D ED will be exhibited at the PMA 2008 International Convention and Trade Show in Las Vegas, USA from January 31 to February 2, 2008.
- Wide shifting and tilting range (shift: ±11.5 mm; tilt: ±8.5°)
- ±90° lens revolving capability for versatile tilt/shift effects
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 1/2.7 (at 0.21 m/0.7 ft.)
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements for superior sharpness and colour correction by effectively minimising chromatic aberration
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections, effectively reducing ghosting and flare
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior colour reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements
- Lens aperture can be preset by using aperture ring and aperture stop-down button
- With the Nikon D3 and D300, auto aperture control with electromagnetic diaphragm is possible
Please note, the Nikon D3 can be used without any limitation. With other cameras, there are limitations in tilt/shift operation. The Nikon F90X series, F90 series, F70, F60D, F55, F50D, F-401 series, F-801 series, F-601, F-601M, F3AF, F-501, PRONEA S or MF cameras cannot be used.
The Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED will be available from March 2008 at a RRP of £1099.00. For more information please visit the Nikon website.
Add your message
428 MTF tests
74 in-depth photodo reviews
100+ users join each day
Help the lens community by reviewing or rating a lens today via our lens search
- Using Tamron's 24-70mm For Interior Photography
- Panasonic Lumix G X VARIO 12-35mm f/2.8
- Carl Zeiss ZF Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6
- Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
- Canon 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye Zoom
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm f/4.0-5.8 Mega OIS
- Samsung 20mm f/2.8 NX iFunction Pancake
- Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 VC USD
- Olympus M.ZUIKO ED 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7