Pentax-DA Digital SLR pro-spec telephoto lenses
The two new fast telephotos smc Pentax-DA 200mm f/2.8 ED [IF] SDM and smc Pentax-DA 300mm f/4.0 ED [IF] SDM are not only optically astounding but also support the ultrasonic autofocus drive system for fast and quiet operation.
Special optical glass including ED glass elements, aspherical lens elements and outstanding lens coating provide for excellent contrast characteristics, a consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and a particularly clear rendition of fine details.
As well as the outstanding imaging attributes, Pentax engineers have raised the mechanical characteristics of the lenses to a state-of-the-art level. Built-in ultrasonic motors (Supersonic Motors) in the lenses provide for extremely quiet and fast auto-focusing. Both lenses are also weatherproofed and protected from penetrating dust by appropriate seals. The front lens elements of the lenses use the special Pentax SP - Super Protect - fluoride coating technology. This nano-technology protects the front lens against dust, finger marks or smearing, making the lenses exceptionally easy to clean. The Pentax Quick Shift Focus System allows the photographer to manually alter the focus point at will without having to take the camera out of the autofocus mode.
The new smc Pentax-DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited Lens will satisfy the most demanding photographer with its pictorial quality. Due to its fast aperture and outstanding sharpness this lens is ideal as an everyday standard lens.
Two zoom lenses; the smc Pentax-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II and the smc Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED complete the new Pentax lens assortment. With their compactness and extended zoom range they are both well suited for all types of general photography. The SP - Super Protect - technology and the Pentax Quick Shift Focus System are incorporated in both lenses. ED glass lens elements are used in the optical construction of the smc Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 tele-zoom in order to assure the highest image quality possible.
(The SDM (Supersonic Motor) system can only be used with Pentax K10D, K20D and K100D Super. All other Pentax DSLR cameras use the AF drive system incorporated in the camera body.)
Pricing and availability:
The official launch date for the lenses is yet to be arranged. Pricing is as follows:
- smc Pentax-DA* 300mm f/4 ED [IF] SDM £899.99
- smc Pentax-DA* 200mm f/2.8 ED [IF] SDM £799.99
- smc Pentax-DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited Lens £299.99
- smc Pentax-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED £259.99
- smc Pentax-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II £ 99.99
For more information, please visit the Pentax website.
Add your message
428 MTF tests
74 in-depth photodo reviews
100+ users join each day
Help the lens community by reviewing or rating a lens today via our lens search
- Zeiss OTUS 55mm f/1.4 Lens Review
- SMC Pentax-DA 17-70mm f/4 ED IF SDM Lens Review
- Samyang 50mm f/1.2 AS UMC CS Review
- Mitakon Speedmaster 25mm f/0.95 Review
- Lomography LC-A Minitar-1 32mm f/2.8 Art Review
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Review
- Kelda 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye CS Lens Review
- Samyang 21mm f/1.4 UMC CS X Review
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Review
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Review