Fujifilm XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM Lens Review
This 7.5x super-zoom lens for Fujifilm X-series interchangeable lens cameras provides a field of view equivalent to a 27-206mm lens on a 35mm camera, optical stabilisation and costs around £750. This lens also sports a weather resistant construction. In this review, we'll take a look at how it performs.
New year 2015 wishes to one and all.
blank job application
What's not so great: Price
I had been making due with the 18-55 kit lens that came with my Fuji XT-1 simply because it is easily one of the best kit lenses out there, but was always wishing for a few more mm at the far end of the range. My previous walk-around lens was the Canon 24-105L and this new weather sealed 18-135 beats that L-series lens on everything except on the fixed aperture.
This lens balances nicely on my XT-1 (though that may be because I have the add on grip for it but it would do well even without it), is weather sealed, and takes great photos. The quality of the shots are just as good as my Canon L series lens, all in a package that sturdy, small, and relatively light.
I can't wait for my next excursion to really put this lens through its paces, but so far it has been a winner.
printable bill of sale
Add your message
428 MTF tests
74 in-depth photodo reviews
100+ users join each day
Help the lens community by reviewing or rating a lens today via our lens search
- Samyang 8mm f/3.5 UMC Fish-eye CS II Lens Review
- Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Macro OS HSM C Lens Review
- Samyang 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS MFT Lens Review
- Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R OIS WR Lens Review
- Zhongyi Freewalker 24mm f/1.7 Lens Review
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Review
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Review
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens Review
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 ZF.2 Lens Review
- Fujifilm Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2 R APD Lens Review